Curious about Reiki? Great! Here is some info to get you started…
What is Reiki?
- Reiki is pronounced ray-key.
- Reiki is a healing method that can be used both in-person, with the practitioner’s hands laid on the body, and via distance.
- It brings stress-relief and relaxation and also encourages healing.
Where did it come from?
- The Reiki system of healing was developed in Japan in the early 1900s by a man named Mikao Usui.
- The word Reiki comes from two Japanese words that roughly translate to “Universal Life Force Energy.”
What does Reiki mean?
- Rei refers to Universal wisdom, meaning that it comes from the Divine or the higher self.
- Ki is the non-physical energy that gives life to all living things.
- That means that Reiki is life force energy that is guided by Divine wisdom so that it always goes where it’s needed and is always for the highest good of the recipient!
- Ki is also known as Chi, Prana, and the Holy Spirit.
- Many cultures understand and recognize the importance of Ki energy and how it impacts our lives and well-being.
- We are actually able to see this energy by using Kirlian photography!
What does Reiki do?
- Reiki is a holistic practice. That means it works on the body, mind and spirit and it stimulates a person’s own natural healing abilities.
- It helps to release and remove physical, emotional, mental and spiritual blocks that restrict or stop the flow of Ki. If these blocks are left untreated, they can lead to illness and dis-ease.
- But by using Reiki, the mind, body and spirit come back into balance, and therefore, self-healing occurs.
- In this process, harmful blocks are often released, once again restoring a healthy flow of Ki though all of the layers of being.
- It can also help prevent future creation of illness and dis-ease by keeping the Ki flowing clear and strong.
Why should I try Reiki?
- While many cultures have developed techniques and disciplines that stimulate the flow of Ki energy in and around the body, Reiki is one of the easiest to receive.
- Reiki can never do any harm because it comes from the Divine.
- Reiki energy always goes where it is needed so it always can do the most good!
- The techniques used in Reiki are simple yet powerful, and the results it yields are often remarkable.
- The best way to understand how Reiki works is to experience it!
There are many benefits of Reiki…here are just a few!
There’s almost nothing as relaxing as Reiki! Imagine your most successful meditation session or the best massage ever…and triple it!